Commercial Low Voltage Technician
Commercial Low Voltage Technician / Electrician (Full Time) APPLY NOW
Systel, Inc. is a recognized leader in Georgia for sales, service and installation of commercial copper and fiber optic network cabling, along with commercial electrical. Our growth and success have produced the need for a low voltage technician in our Suwanee office.
This candidate will represent Systel in a professional and courteous manner and will be responsible for providing outstanding customer service to our commercial customers. The successful candidate should be looking for a long-term employment relationship. The candidate will be responsible for the installation, service and maintenance of all types of low voltage cabling including, but not limited to, Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a, Fiber Optics, etc.
Compensation: $12.00 – $22.00 per hour based on experience
Essential Job Functions
- Install and support low voltage cabling systems in commercial, industrial, and institutional facilities.
- Respond to emergency and non-emergency service requests.
- Provide support for all aspects of service including inspection, maintenance, testing, and repair.
- Perform routine service work and troubleshooting on network cabling, surveillance systems, wireless systems, etc. This includes but is not limited to replacing devices, making configuration changes, and repairing hardware.
- Running of wires, termination and installation of devices, programming, and any other tasks necessary to facilitate work being performed.
- Have basic knowledge of surveillance systems, wireless systems, network cabling, and other related systems as necessary.
- Have basic working knowledge of troubleshooting CCTV and other low voltage systems by diagnosing problems and providing accurate solutions.
- Take care of company owned tools and material.
- Keep vehicle and office workspace clean, neat and organized.
- Handle all duties with accuracy and detail.
- Maintain a good working relationship with other employees.
- Valid Georgia driver’s license with good driving record is REQUIRED.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check (DO NOT apply if you have a class A felony; examples: sexual offenses, terrorism, treason, arson, murder, rape, robbery, and kidnapping.)
- A minimum of 1-3 years of hands-on experience in the commercial low voltage / electrical industry.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Any certifications are a significant plus.
- Any 110V – 480V electrical experience is a plus.
- Good time management, as well as organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to maintain employee confidentiality and treat employees with respect at all times.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, electrical, and mechanical drawings.
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance
To apply, email your resume and salary requirements to: Employment@Systel.com
If you meet all of the above, then we would love to meet you!
We are looking to fill this position ASAP and are currently interviewing and accepting applications.