Systel, Inc. is a recognized leader in Georgia for sales, service and installation of Commercial Electrical Services, Structured Cabling, Fiber Optics, Video Surveillance Systems, Network Systems, Wireless Systems, etc. Our growth and success have produced the need to add another Electrician.
This candidate will represent Systel in a professional and courteous manner proving outstanding customer service for our customers. The successful candidate should be looking for a long-term employment relationship. The candidate will be responsible for the installation, service and maintenance of electrical equipment. Low voltage experience is a huge plus.
Compensation: $17.00 – $27.00 / hour
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Must be familiar with updated NEC codes.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Takes pride in the quality of their work.
- Significant exposure to pulling electrical wiring through electrical conduit and terminating electrical panels, set fixtures, outlets, and various electrical devices along with installing and connecting wires to circuit breakers, transformers, outlets, or other components and systems.
- Must have experience with installing, bending, and removing conduit and installing and replacing lighting fixtures/systems, and with electrical panels, transformers, switches, motors, etc.
- Performs all electrical tasks with limited supervision. Has the ability to read and accurately interpret electrical construction drawings, terminate cables, install, and troubleshoot control wiring from schematics.
- Demonstrates proper use and safe handling of tools, equipment, and materials.
- Leads or assists in all types of wire pulls (i.e. conduit, cable tray, floor ducts, wire way, etc.).
- Able to accurately bend and install all types of conduit. Cutting, bending, threading and running 1/2″ & 3/4″, 1″ electrical conduit materials. Experience bending offsets, 3 points, 4 points, saddles, kicks, 90’s, etc.
- Performs work at various heights, up to 50′; from ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks, bucket truck, or other safe work areas.
- Possesses technical knowledge, safety knowledge, and ability to work with live/energized parts.
- Must be dependable and willing to complete the project from start to finish.
- Proficient in using test equipment to test, trouble shoot, and repair systems to ensure proper working conditions.
- Valid Georgia driver’s license with a good driving record is required.
- Must consent to a pre-employment background and drug screen.
- Understands and complies with company/job safety requirements (O.S.H.A.).
- Understands and complies with all NEC, state, and local codes.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of hands on experience in the commercial electrical industry.
- Drug free at all times
- High standard of integrity and professionalism
- Electrical License is a plus.
- Low voltage experience a plus.
- Proficient in installing and terminating Distribution Centers, Panel Boards, Service Entrance Section, Transformers, Disconnects and motor controls.
- Good time management, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to maintain employee confidentiality and treat employees with respect at all times.
To apply, email your resume and salary requirements to: Employment@Systel.com
If you meet all of the above, then we would love to meet you! We are looking to fill this position ASAP and are currently interviewing and accepting applications.